Terms & Conditions & Data Protection
Please read to ensure you have a great experience...
- In order to avoid damage and to maintain your natural nails, it is recommended to make an appointment every two/three weeks for maintenance.
- Gels should not be removed by the client as this can result in damage to the natural nail. Professional and safe removal of gel nails are offered either with the reapplication of a new set of gels, or with removal and tidy or mini manicure & conditioning treatment.
- Retail products to complement your treatments are available such as Homecare packs, hand cream, cuticle oil, files, matching nail polishes to the gel colours and more. All retail products are compatible with Bio Sculpture Gels.
Terms and Conditions of Treatments
- An initial consultation will be carried out at first appointments and this form must be signed before any treatments can be performed. Sam’s Nailz reserves the right to refuse to carry out any treatment if there are any contra-indications indicating it would be unwise to proceed.
- Treatments are cosmetic and are solely to improve the appearance and feel of the hands and nails. Medical treatments must be sought from your medical professional.
- A parental consent form must be signed by a parent or guardian for clients under 16 years of age and a parent or guardian must be in attendance whilst treatment is carried out. Treatments are not carried out on clients under 14 years of age.
- Mobile phones must be switched off/silent, and not used, for the duration of the treatment. Sam’s Nailz will not be responsible (due to the use of a mobile phone during your service time) for any damage done during the service and will carry an additional repair charge should gel need to be removed and reapplied. Interrupted curing (taking hand in and out of the lamp) will cause lifting of overlays.
- Please note that prices are subject to variation and Sam’s Nailz reserve the right to change pricing without prior notice.
- Nails cannot, and are not guaranteed and repair charges will apply.
- 24hrs notice would be appreciated should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Fair Processing Notice
Upon your initial consultation with me I ask you to complete a form, and you can voluntarily provide the following information:
- Name, Address, Telephone, Mobile & email contact details
- Confirmation that you are over 18
- Occupation & Lifestyle/Hobbies
- Relevant Allergies (Skin, Nut, Latex), Sensitive Skin, and Skin Conditions, Other relevant nail issues
- Relevant medical conditions / medication
- Your goals/aims for your nails
On your first visit I will also give you a European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Fair Processing Notice handout which you can keep for future reference.
In addition to the data listed above, I record the details of every treatment given to you against your personal client record.
I collect this personal data from you solely for the following reasons:
- To understand any conditions which may impact the quality of the nail care / treatments I provide to you
- To ensure that I can communicate with you for the purpose of appointments, treatments and offers.
- Normal & appropriate day-to-day record keeping of treatments provided.
Your personal data is stored on hard-copy paper as provided by you. Your name, phone numbers, address, and email may be stored electronically in an address book / contacts database, solely for the purpose of electronic communications with you.
I will hold this data for up to five years after your last appointment with me. After this time, I will destroy any records about you that I hold.
I commit to keeping this data safe and secure, and to not disclose your personal data to other third-parties without your permission. At any time you may request a copy of this data, which I will provide to you. You may request that I correct any data held, and I will make any corrections requested. At any time you may request that I destroy any personal data held about you, which I will comply with. I undertake to comply with any such requests within 14 working days of the request